Subject: Re: IPF 4.1.20
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@astron.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 05/05/2007 19:39:18
[ipfilter update for netbsd-4]

At 16:16 Uhr +0000 5.5.2007, Christos Zoulas wrote:
>Have you tested -current and it works?

No, I haven't. There have been discussions on the ipfilter list about
problems with stateful connections, and I had a vague hope that newer
versions of ipfilter would fix that... probably over-optimistic of me.

This is about a production router serving ~100 people, and I already felt
adventurous with upgrading it to netbsd-4, hoping that would fix the NFS
issues with linux 2.6.x systems. It didn't, but added new ones. I'd have to
set up a test network with a -current machine, and try to reproduce the
problems... which I should have done before, probably. Given my current
schedule @work, that's unlikely to happen this month, though.

	hauke