Subject: Re: recent change/problem with bge
To: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
From: Joseph A. Dacuma <jadacuma@ched.gov.ph>
List: current-users
Date: 04/24/2007 19:25:41
Hi Mark!

> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, I wrote:
>> On 4.99.9 everything is fine but with current all I get is
>>
>> bge0: watchdog timeout -- resetting
>> bge0: block failed to stop: reg 0x1400 bit 0x00000002
>
>> Any ideas what changed? How to fix?
>
> Hmm, seems what changed is that "ioapic* at mainbus?" is now enabled
> by default in GENERIC.  Adding a "no ioapic.." got my bge working
> again and no error messages being printed.
>
> So what exactly is ioapic (there is no manual page)?  and why would it
> interfere with bge?

This link might be of help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_APIC_Architecture

Have you tried fiddling with your bios/cmos settings if theres anything
related to APIC. I remember running into troubles (not exactly bge) and
experimented with the APIC options. The machine is still running fine up
to this moment.

HTH,

Joseph