Subject: Re: Support for HArdware?
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@seebs.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/19/2007 11:25:52
In message <W994662358657961176999607@webmail3>, "Paul Goyette" writes:
>> You really don't know how to find Sam Leffler?  You've got to be kidding
>> me.
>
>Not kidding.  Until reading the ath README file I had never heard
>or seen the name (at least not in any context that would embed it
>in my memory).
>
>Perhaps to aid this clueless soul you could explain why you would
>have expected me to not only know who Sam is, but how to find him?

Unless it's a different Sam Leffler, this is the guy who wrote the reference
TIFF implementation, and is involved in FreeBSD.  Google finds him easily.
He's not famous enough that you can just refer to him by first name and
expect everyone to know who you mean, but he's pretty well known.

To be honest, my first thought was that you were joking.  I mean, it's
SAM LEFFLER.

http://people.freebsd.org/~sam/

-s