Subject: Re: Support for HArdware?
To: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/18/2007 20:04:19
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, David Young wrote:

>> I guess it's not likely to be as easy as just adding another device ID
>> to the code that decides whether or not to claim the device?  :)
>
> Since it is Atheros, I do not see why not.

Well, now the fun begins, because the routine that needs to be updated
is ath_hal_probe() which is contained in the blob file at
src/sys/contrib/dev/ath/public/i386-elf.hal.o.u

I guess it's time to try to contact the author.  Yet while his name is
given in the README file, there's no E-mail address.

* Copyright (c) 2002-2006 Sam Leffler.
* Copyright (c) 2002-2006 Atheros Communications, Inc.

Hmmm, maybe I'll just go find some other device to use instead.    :)