Subject: keyboard/wscons problems with latest build
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/15/2007 14:55:40
I recent updated from netbsd-current 4.99.4 to 4.99.17 and started having
some problems with my keyboard, and with panic's in wscons.
I know there were some changes to keyboard handling recently, but I
thought they were backed out, so it seems unlikely that that's causing
the issue.

There are several things I'm noticing:
  1) I get a crash in wsdisplay_kbdholdscreen, at line 1930 of wsdisplay,
	apparently due to sc_focus being null.
	I blindly added a check for null, having it return if it is.
  2) If X is running, I can't switch screens using Ctrl-Alt-Fn.  If I stop
	X, switching screens works.
  3) Keys often get stuck down (logically, not actually on my keyboard :) )
	and I need to press them slowly to release the autorepeat.

#2 and #3 were problems even before the workaround I added for #1.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

I'm going to try back-dating my build to April 2nd or so, to see if it helps.

eric