Subject: Re: iso-image
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/02/2007 19:49:08
On Sun, 01 Apr 2007, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 01:27:06PM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
> > On Sun, 01 Apr 2007, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> > >    regarding the iso-image target, in BUILDING it says:
> >      [outdated stuff]
> >
> > Does the following patch to BUILDING.mdoc look accurate?
>
> It looks good, expect that mac68k still needs mkisofs, and uses the
> old scheme, and the image is in installation/cdrom.
> Also the iso is not always bootable.

It would be much easier to write the documentation if there were more
consistency.  Even if mac68k still used mkisofs, could you get it to
place its output in RELEASEDIR/iso like all the others?

Also, I notice that the use of RELEASEDIR/iso is not sanctioned
by release(7).  Should the release(7) man page be updated to
allow RELEASEDIR/iso, or should make iso-image be changed to use
RELEASEDIR/MACHINE/installation/cdrom?  (I lean towards changing
release(7) to allow the use of RELEASEDIR/iso)

--apb (Alan Barrett)