Subject: Re: Failed install -- bad ld.elf_so
To: Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/23/2007 08:27:28
Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com> writes:

  [bad ld.so_elf]

> A rebuild fixed the problem.  I do not see any src changes that
> might account for this so I will assume that a file was corrupted --
> perhaps by a system crash.  I'm using LSF on the /usr partition.

No, this was a bug in the code.  I think all you needed to do was to
really clean in libc and ld.elf_so, but a full build should certainly
be ok.  The problem was makefile flags, and there aren't dependencies
for every object on every makefile that influences flags in any way.
Perhaps there should be, but it would be painful.  Very likely what
happened is that you rebuilt libc with the bad src/lib/libc/Makefile
and then after it got fixed libc didn't get rebuilt.