Subject: Re: new port: Infineon ADM5120
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/22/2007 03:07:28
On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 06:58:32PM +0100, Julian Suschlik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 3/20/07, David Young <dyoung@pobox.com> wrote:
> >I have just committed a port for a MIPS system on a chip, the Infineon
> >ADM5120.  The port is principally the work of Ruslan Ermilov and Vsevolod
>
> yesss! I own a Edimax BR6104 ( http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/BR6104
> )with an ADM5120 on it.Will it work?

I believe so, but it may require some experimentation on your part.
You could experiment with the loader's option, "Download vmlinuz to
sdram (for debug) ...", which sounds pretty safe to me.  I cannot tell
from that webpage whether the loader expects an ELF kernel or a "raw"
kernel, but it is pretty clear that you need to precede the kernel with
the so-called "CSYS header."

Dave