Subject: Re: boot failure on i386
To: Joachim =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6nig?= <him@online.de>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/2007 13:06:49
Joachim K=F6nig <him@online.de> writes:

> I did a "build.sh distribution" with my personal settings for -D, -T
> , -M.
>
> Then I did a "build.sh install=3D/" that soon spit out a lot of error
> messages and that resulted in a unbootable system (kernel booted but
> hang as described by the others).
>
> I dowloaded base.tgz from
>  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-4/200703170002Z/i386/binary=
/sets
> and extracted ./libexec/ld.elf_so and put installed it into /libexec
> of my machine.

Thanks - the date of working ld.elf_so was the key point that I didn't
follow.  I had a build of current from January 27 handy, so I put
ld.elf_so from that onto my system, and it seems to be ok now.

I did the cvs update that led to the build with the bad ld.elf_so on
18 March at 1445 UTC.  The previous installed build was several days
before.   So it looks like 3/17 0002 is ok, and 3/18 1445 is not.
But, it could be earlier if there is a missed dependency.

I reverted to the previous version of libexec/ld.elf_so/Makefile, and
did cleandir in libc and ld.elf_so, and rebuilt, and could then run
/bin/sh within DESTDIR via chroot.  I went back to head on Makefile,
and after cleandir and build could still run /bin/sh in a chroot.  I'm
rebuilding more, but it's seeming that with clean/rebuild the head
sources are maybe ok.

--=20
    greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>