Subject: Re: boot failure on i386
To: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Joachim_K=F6nig?= <him@online.de>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/2007 15:56:14
Chavdar Ivanov wrote:
> On 19/03/07, Joachim König <him@online.de> wrote:
>>
>> The same happend to me yesterday. Replacing /libexec/ld.eld_so by
>> an older version solved the problem for me.
>
> I did a full update and clean build.sh release overnight and the
> result was the same. Copying /libexec/ld.elf_so ever the upgraded
> system solved the problem.  I was not able to make a clean
> installation - various bits got 'interrupted by signal', i.e.
> postinstall.
Oh, I was a bit unprecise: I replaced libexec/ld.elf_so inside the
build directory, after that, the 'build.sh ..... install=/' worked for me.

So something with the dynamic loader is wrong (I rebuild a few times
after cvs updates) but I do not know how to debug this. All I could
do is a ktruss on a chroot.

Joachim