Subject: Re: on not shooting yourself in the foot during upgrade.. (PATH=/rescue:$PATH)
To: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/19/2007 10:14:46
I've been mounting root filesystems and doing:

export PATH=$PATH:/mnt/rescue

for a long time now during installations, etc.

On a related note, I think /libexec/lfs_cleanerd should be statically
linked, or at least available in /rescue.  I use LFS root filesystems
often, and so it would be nice if there were real sysinst support for
this, but just having lfs_cleanerd somewhere in my path without having
to jump through flaming hoops (OK, _maybe_ that's an overstatement) to
get there would be nice. ;)

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11