Subject: Re: Build failure in libc on amd64?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Ellis <scotte@warped.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/2007 12:21:35
Scott Ellis wrote:
> I'm seeing a build failure during on -current amd64 with sources from
> moments ago (11:54 PST):
[snip]

> /x86_64--netbsd/bin/ld: libc_pic.a(uuid_to_string.so): relocation
> R_X86_64_32 ag
> ainst `a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object;
> recompile wi
> th -fPIC
> libc_pic.a(uuid_to_string.so): could not read symbols: Bad value
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Looks like the problem is created by the recent change to libc/Makefile
(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2007/03/18/0008.html),
where CPPPICFLAGS was changed to be CPICFLAGS.  Reverting this change
allows my system to build properly.

What mk.conf flags would affect this?  I don't have anything about I8N
or PIC in my mk.conf, so I don't see how my setup is "special". :-)

	ScottE