Subject: -current hanging hard on i386
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Henry Bent <Henry.Bent@oberlin.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/2007 23:41:23
Hi all,

I have an ASUS A8N32-SLI-Deluxe board here running i386 that I recently
updated to -current from Saturday, and then a current kernel from a few
hours ago, that has been hanging hard after 5 or so minutes of activity.
 When it hangs I can't break into the debugger and keyboard LEDs are
stuck; I have to hardware reset to reboot.  There are no userland clues
as to what triggers it; one time I was doing heavy disk i/o, one time
moderate network traffic, and a few other times barely anything at all.
 The biggest change I can see seems to be that I am now getting:

pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0: configuration mode 1
pci0: i/o space, memory space enabled, rd/line, rd/mult, wr/inv ok
ppb0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0: NVIDIA product 0x02fc (rev. 0xa1)
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
pci1: no spaces enabled!
ppb1 at pci0 dev 3 function 0: NVIDIA product 0x02fd (rev. 0xa1)
pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
pci2: no spaces enabled!

whereas before with 4.99.9 I was seeing a normal

pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0: configuration mode 1
pci0: i/o space, memory space enabled, rd/line, rd/mult, wr/inv ok
pb0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0: NVIDIA product 0x02fc (rev. 0xa1)
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
pci1: i/o space, memory space enabled, rd/line, wr/inv ok
ppb1 at pci0 dev 3 function 0: NVIDIA product 0x02fd (rev. 0xa1)
pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
pci2: i/o space, memory space enabled, rd/line, wr/inv ok

FWIW I am not seeing this on an Intel 945G board updated to the same
-current from Saturday.

-Henry Bent