Subject: scsibus on recent current?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@softjar.se>
List: current-users
Date: 03/11/2007 14:16:16
--------------020601000801020602030500

The vax port is non-working since a while ago. I know that 4.99.8 is
working, but somewhere after that something broke.
It hangs after saying
"scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle..."

This on a 4000/90. Now, looking at some code, this appears to be some MI
code, which is called from the asc driver in the VAX. The same MI code
is used by a bunch of other platforms as well, such as the Amiga, pmax,
Sparc and some others (but not i386, Alpha and other "major" platforms).

So I'm curious if others with the asc driver also experiences a hang
now, or if it is VAX specific...?

An obvious point of suspicion is the kill of the caddr_t, but I haven't
at all verified this.

	Johnny

                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books