Subject: Re: lm(4) driver sync with OpenBSD, supporting new chips.
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Nicolas Joly <njoly@pasteur.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 03/07/2007 18:42:51
On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 04:12:16PM +0100, Juan RP wrote:

> Hi, I just updated our lm(4) driver with the OpenBSD code (which is IMHO
> much cleaner and simplified) and that gives us much more accurate
> reported values and support for new chips.
>
> If you are using the lm(4) driver, could you please test the patch?

Works for me on my amd64 workstation; it does not report bogus temp
values for unconnected temp3 sensor anymore. For 2 other erroneous
values (+12V and -5V), real sensors are located on a ADT7463 chipset.

lm0 at isa0 port 0x290-0x297: Winbond W83627HF Hardware monitor

before:
VCORE A:      1.552 V
VCORE B:      1.568 V
  +3.3V:      3.328 V