Subject: Re: Inquiry on IBM ServeRAID 7k Ultra 320 SCSI
To: None <jadacuma@ched.gov.ph>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/01/2007 17:26:30
At Fri, 2 Mar 2007 00:41:32 +0800 (PHT),
Joseph A. Dacuma wrote:

> We have here an IBM xSeries 346 server. It comes shipped with IBM
> ServeRAID 7k Ultra 320 SCSI (made by Adaptec). I'm wondering if theres a
> chance that this controller be supported on NetBSD 4.0's release?
>
> The aforesaid machine currently runs fine after several months with heavy
> I/O testing on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE. On FreeBSD, the driver for ServeRaid
> controllers is ips.

It's good to hear the the recent ips(4) driver does support that
controller.

I bought a bunch of ultra-cheap surplus older ServeRAID boards a while
ago with the intention of handing them out to anyone who would be
interested in porting the ips(4) driver from FreeBSD to NetBSD, but as
yet I've not got a round tuit for that job.  :-)  I've still got them if
anyone's interested.

I too would like to have the option of using NetBSD on the newer IBM
xSeries servers with their onboard ServeRAID controllers.

--
						Greg A. Woods

H:+1 416 218-0098 W:+1 416 489-5852 x122 VE3TCP RoboHack <woods@robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>       Secrets of the Weird <woods@weird.com>