Subject: Re: is current-i386 hanging for anyone else?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/26/2007 08:43:29
On Friday 23 February 2007, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> it appears to be stuck in ioflush?  I'm going to try to get a dump to
> generate a backtrace.

I see hangs whenever heavy file system IO takes place (like the daily scripts
that run every night or building a NetBSD distribution).  Often, currently
running programs will continue to work, but new ones will not start.  Typing
return at shell prompt (I'm using bash) will not give me another prompt.  ^C
and ^Z have no effect.  I can (usually) switch from the X-windows display
back to console 1 (with ctrl-alt-f1) where I can access DDB.  The DDB
backtrace always procduces

DDB lost frame for netbsd: Xintr_legacy1+0xb4..

a ps shows several programs (e.g., qmgr, korganizer, kdeinit (times 4)) in
state vnlock and ioflush in lfs_dir (/usr and /home are LFS, / and /var are
FFS, /tmp is tmpfs).

This is i386 current from 23 Feb (basically GENERIC_LAPTOP).

I'm doing a cvs update this morning and I will try a new kernel, but I do not
see any source changes that appear relevant.  Is there any (other)
information that would be useful and that I should try to capture when/if it
hangs again?

Thanks

Sverre