Subject: Re: acpi functional porting
To: Alexander V. Butenko <avb@avb.bas-net.by>
From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/20/2007 13:50:21
On 20/02/07, Alexander V. Butenko <avb@avb.bas-net.by> wrote:

> > >Nope. I dont saw.
> > I don't know, some delay from gmail I suppose...
>
> Yeh, your second mail not in ml yet.

I've noticed that before - it could be some graylisting or something.
Eventually they trickle through.

> > [4.3.2]ci@lisa:~> uname -a
> > NetBSD lisa 4.99.12 NetBSD 4.99.12 (LISA.MPACPI) #20: Mon Feb 19
> > 22:39:52 GMT 2007
> > root@lisa:/usr/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/LISA.MPACPI i386
> > [4.3.2]ci@lisa:~> envstat -r
> >      acpibat0 present
> >   acpitz4 temperature:     75.000 degC
>
> Hm, i dont know about envstat. Thanks for pointing me.
>
> > >Can you show me the options which you have enabled in your config?
> > >is seems GENERIC.MPACPI doesnt provide such functional. my config is
> > >based on it
>
> > I also start from the same, but I have my
> > /usr/src/sys/dev/acpi/acpica/Osd/dsdt.hex
>
> And does your machine makes poweroff without pressing a button?

Yes. As far as the suspend/resume, I did a bit of testing a few months
ago without success; as it is not very important to me ( I have to
dual-boot the laptop to use the VPN), I left it at that.

> It seems that the only problem that left unsolved for me in acpi. Except
> suspend2ram. But i don't hope that it will be working soon because it
> depends on tons of factors.
>
> Ok, thanks a lot for help.

You are welcome. I don't understand that bit well enough, but as I got
it to work at one stage it just gets through the system rebuilds and I
keep forgetting what did I do to begin with; mailing list archives
(and gmail) do a good job though. I'll try the suspend now - risking a
few minutes fsck...

> Alex

Chavdar