Subject: Interest in Broadcom crypto cards?
To: None <tech-security@netbsd.org, tech-embed@netbsd.org,>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/2007 15:01:02
I may be able to arrange a purchase of crypto cards with the Broadcom
"ubsec" chipset: either BCM5821 (4000 RSA trasactions/sec, about
500Mbit/sec cipher/hash peak) or 5823 (<1000 RSA transactions/sec,
but AES-CTR and AES-CBC instead of just the 3DES and RC4 of the 5821)
on low-profile 64/66 PCI cards.

These are well supported by our drivers and can be hard to find from
commercial sources.  They're somewhat less buggy than the commonplace
cheap Hifn cards (e.g. the ones from Soekris).  When I have a better
idea of demand, I can give accurate pricing, but I'd figure a couple
hundred bucks for the 5821 and cheaper for the 5823.

If anyone's interested in these, please let me know and after accumulating

Thor Lancelot Simon	                               tls@rek.tjls.com
  "All of my opinions are consistent, but I cannot present them all
   at once."	-Jean-Jacques Rousseau, On The Social Contract