Subject: priority adjustment through kauth(9)?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/2007 12:07:39
Could/should kauth be extended to allow a process to change its
priority, given that the only other mechanism we have for this
requires root?  I'd like to set up a system group which is allowed to
change the priority of its processes [to below 0].

Regards,

--Blair

--
Support WFMU-FM: free-form radio for the masses!
<http://www.wfmu.org/>

"The frivolity and boredom which unsettle the established order, the
vague foreboding of something unknown, these are the heralds of
approaching change.  The gradual crumbling that left unaltered the the
face of the whole is cut short by a sunburst which, in one flash,
illuminates the features of the new world."  --G.W.F. Hegel,
_Phenomenology of Spirit_ 5:11