Subject: FTP client and NAT
To: current-users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Nestor <robert_nestor@verizon.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/14/2007 20:50:07
On -current with a simple NAT setup Windows and Mac systems are
unable to FTP through the firewall. The setup I'm using was
previously working.  There are a couple of open PRs that were filed
in 2006 describing the problem.  Basically the FTP connection hangs
after doing the user and password handshake.   The problem has been
reported on systems other than NetBSD and it appears to be related to
a bug in ipfilter that seems to have been fixed in Dec 2006.  However
after updating to -current I noticed the bug is still present and the
version of ipfilter is still 4.1.13 (latest version of ipfilter is
4.1.17).  Comments in the logs on the coombs.anu.edu.au/ipfilter site
indicate the fixes were put into NetBSD -current on 24 Dec 2006. Did
they not make it into -current or do I have to wait for the import of
the latest version of ipfilter?

Thanks