Subject: Re: procfs broken on -current?
To: Kouichirou Hiratsuka <hira@po6.nsk.ne.jp>
From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/2007 10:01:53
On 12/02/07, Kouichirou Hiratsuka <hira@po6.nsk.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At Sun, 11 Feb 2007 17:19:14 +0000,
> Andrew Doran wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 11:33:50PM +0900, Kouichirou Hiratsuka wrote:
> >
> > > After accessing /proc/curproc/file, the process is hung up.
> > > Does anyone else seeing this?
> >
> > procfs_lookup() was leaking a reference to the process when called against
> > curproc, so it would get stuck draining references and couldn't exit. This
> > should be fixed now:
> >
> > spanners$ ls -la /proc/curproc/file
> > -r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  23633 Feb 10 12:32 /proc/curproc/file
> > spanners$
>
> It works fine for me too.
> However, I got a kernel panic with the following command.

I am getting exactly the same with

   ktruss java -version

(well, the addresses are different, if that matters - I think not).

I can write down the output from bt if necessary - this machine does
not have a serial port to redirect the debugger unfortunately. I might
try the same under VMware and get the output there.

With a slightly earlier verson of the kernel it froze itself trying to
open an entry under /emul/linux/proc.

> % ls -la /proc/*/*
> Mutex error: mutex_vector_enter: locking against myself
>
> lock address : 0x00000000c0505e70
> current cpu  :                  0
> current lwp  : 0x00000000cbc6f2e0
> owner field  : 0x00000000cbc6f2e0 wait/spin:                 0/0
>

> panic: lock error
> Stopped in pid 120.1 (ls) at    netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x4:         leave
> db>
>
> best regards.
> --
>  Kouichirou Hiratsuka