Subject: network problems on optiplex 745
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Mark Davies <mark@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/2007 11:34:21
A little while ago I posted about my problem trying to get bcm5754
working on an OptiPlex 745:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2007/01/09/0003.html and
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2007/01/09/0005.html

I since had a brief dialog with Jonathan Stone who suggested some
changes to the broadcom support but they made no difference so the
current behaviour is still that packets get out but it doesn't appear
to notice packets coming back.

So I bought a cheap realtek pci card and plugged it in and it appears
to do the same thing - I can see arp packets coming out of it but the
machine never notices the response packets sent back.  However if I
move the realtek card to an Optiplex 620 it works fine.

Anyone got any idea whats going on?

cheers
mark