Subject: Re: Strange build.sh problem
To: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 01/26/2007 20:36:04
On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 08:40:08PM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Tom Spindler wrote:
>
> >Do you really wish to have the same objdir for both arches?
>
> Everything is supposed to end up in separate sub-directories anyway
> since I have OBJMACHINE=yes in my /etc/mk.conf file!  :)  From the
> mk.conf(5) man page:
>
> 	OBJMACHINE  If defined, creates objdirs of the form obj.MACHINE,
> 	            where MACHINE is the current architecture (as per
> 	            `uname -m').

My guess is that can't be used at the same time as the -O /objpath option
to build.sh.
The -O /objpath instrycts the build to use an entirely separate tree from the
source tree, whereas OBJMACHINE is all about having object subdirectories
polluting the source tree.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk