Subject: IPv4-mapped addresses in Multicast sockets?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sourath Roy <sourath@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/2007 14:26:02
------=_Part_167520_8805113.1169715362479

Hello all,
I have a question related to Multicast and IPv4 mapped addresses on AF_INET6
sockets. Can we use IPv4 mapped multicast addresses alongwith to
IPV6_JOIN_GROUP? In general does INET6 multicasting allow sockets of
AF_INET6 communicate over IPv4 multicast addresses?
Currently when I look into the code, it doesn't seem like considering the
IPv4 compatible/mapped addresses at all.

If anyone knows about it then please respond. Else if you have a suggestion
about some other group then please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

-- Sourath

------=_Part_167520_8805113.1169715362479

Hello all,<br>
I have a question related to Multicast and IPv4 mapped addresses on
AF_INET6 sockets. Can we use IPv4 mapped multicast addresses alongwith
to IPV6_JOIN_GROUP? In general does INET6 multicasting allow sockets of
AF_INET6 communicate over IPv4 multicast addresses?<br>
Currently when I look into the code, it doesn&#39;t seem like considering the IPv4 compatible/mapped addresses at all.<br>
If anyone knows about it then please respond. Else if you have a suggestion about some other group then please let me know.<br>
Thank you in advance!<br>
-- Sourath<br>

------=_Part_167520_8805113.1169715362479--