Subject: Re: Data corruption issues, probably involving ffs2 and >1Tb
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/2007 11:01:03
--kvUQC+jR9YzypDnK

On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 03:39:26PM -0800, Brian Buhrow wrote:
> I have a NetBSD-3.x system with a 2.1TB FFSV2 filesystem built atop
> a 7 disk raid 5 set using SATA (wd) disks.  Are you suggesting that
> if I run a file off of that filesystem through MD5 multiple times,
> that you think I'll see corruption?  If that's the case, I'll be
> happy to run some tests, with variously sized files, and let you
> know the results.=20

Yes please..  make sure that you're testing repeated reads from disk
rather than through cache, especially for the smaller files.  You
might most easily do this by having a collection of files of different
sizes, and reading through them each in turn per run.

--
Dan.

--kvUQC+jR9YzypDnK

--kvUQC+jR9YzypDnK--