Subject: Re: jerky interactive behavior
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/2007 15:31:59
	Hello.  Here is, perhaps, a sily suggestion.  What if you try breaking
into ddb when the machine seems particularly sluggish and running a back
trace?  I may not know what I'm talking about here, but perhaps in this way
you can catch the machine red-handed and somehow divine where the problem
is, or, at least, get closer?
I assume the behavior is easy to reproduce, so if you don't want to run
with a broken kernel all of the time, you can quicly do the test, and then
-Brian