Subject: Re: Data corruption issues, probably involving ffs2 and >1Tb
To: Daniel Carosone , Nino Dehne <ndehne@gmail.com>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/2007 15:39:26
	Hello Dan.  I've been following this thread somewhat closely, though
not with agonizing detail.  I have a NetBSD-3.x system with a 2.1TB FFSV2
filesystem built atop a 7 disk raid 5  set using SATA (wd) disks.  Are you
suggesting that if I run a file off of that filesystem through MD5 multiple
times, that you think I'll see corruption?  If that's the case, I'll be
happy to run some tests, with variously sized files, and let you know the
results.  Anecdotally speaking, I've been running this system for about 9
months, and I've not seen any problems what so ever with the filesystem or
the files on it.
	So, what test should I perform to help expose this problem?
-thanks
-Brian