Subject: Re: documentation for in-tree autoconf & wrapper
To: None <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
From: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@brains.co.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/2007 23:11:35
OK, this is not really clean but realizes some ideas I mentioned.

	http://www.netbsd.org/~uebayasi/gnutonb-20070121.tar.gz

I include sample files for Dovecot.  Build doesn't finish yet.  This
is work-in-progress, don't expect much. :)

Masao

	*

INTRODUCTION

This attempts to convert packages whose build structure follows GNU Autotool
so that they're hooked up into NetBSD's native (base) package build
infrastructure.  That means 3rd packages can be cross-compiled and used as
extended part of the base of NetBSD.

HOWTO

1) Extract package's source into src/dist or src/gnu/dist directory.

% cd /usr/src/gnu/dist
% pax -rzvf .../dovecot-1.0.rc17.tar.gz
% mv dovecot-1.0.rc17 dovecot

2) Create reach-over directory and move there.

% cd /usr/src/gnu/usr.sbin
% mkdir dovecot
% cd dovecot

3) Edit Makefile.dist and Makefile.gnu.