Subject: Re: tmpfs showing wrong values
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@aydogan.de>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/2007 08:45:51
On Fri, Jan 19, 2007 at 04:07:56AM +0100, Zafer Aydogan wrote:
> Thanks Dan.
> I wonder, if this has been always the case.
> Is there an option to mount only against free memory (without swap) ?

No, but you can limit the size of a tmpfs filesystem when creating it, see
mount_tmpfs(8).

     -s size     Specifies the total file system size in bytes.  If zero is
                 given (the default), the available amount of memory (includ-
                 ing main memory and swap space) will be used.  Note that four
                 megabytes are always reserved for the system and cannot be
                 assigned to the file system.

See /usr/share/examples/fstab/fstab.ramdisk for examples on how to set this
in /etc/fstab.

	Geert