Subject: Re: Data corruption issues possibly involving cgd(4)
To: Nino Dehne , David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/17/2007 08:37:46
--uxuisgdDHaNETlh8

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 08:32:50AM +1100, Daniel Carosone wrote:
> > I also set the CPU frequency to its maximum to maximize the power the
> > system draws.
>=20
> a cpu-hog process would help here too..

to elaborate: it's a tricky balance. with the file reads, you're
seeking, but not a whole lot, and you're using most of your cpu for
cgd and md5 calculation.  if you induce *too* much seek contention
with some of these artificial tests, you may in fact starve the cpu of
data for this calculation and actually use less power.

--
Dan.
--uxuisgdDHaNETlh8

--uxuisgdDHaNETlh8--