Subject: Re: memtestplus on amd64 (was: LFS and big files)
To: None <paul@whooppee.com>
From: Arto Huusko <arto.huusko@pp2.inet.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/06/2007 19:14:42
paul@whooppee.com wrote:
> And, since I obviously found a memory error, that
> leads to a question.  If only a limited number of
> memory errors is found, is there any (fairly painless)
> way to make NetBSD skip that address?  It's pretty
> painful on the wallet to replace 2GB of DDR-400
> just because of a single error location!  :)

If the memory is new, you should be able to replace it
under guarantee. A few years back I could get new memory
replaced just by bringing it back to shop and saying
"this stick is bad, I need a new one". They just handed
me a new one and didn't even ask to see the receipt, nor
for any proof that it was bad.