Subject: Re: memtestplus on amd64 (was: LFS and big files)
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/06/2007 09:45:41
On Sat, 6 Jan 2007, David Laight wrote:

> If you really are only getting errors at a single location that might
> be an option.  But that isn't actually very likely.

Yup - 300+ errors from tests 4, 6, and 7, all in the same page at

 	0x00048a54{ef}xx

> If the memory is new, it ought to be replaced by the vendor under guarantee.
> First it is probably worth trying with relaxed memory timings, and a
> single (or maybe a single pair) or memory modules.
> If you still get errors something is wrong.

Well, it's way past Fry's 90-day warranty;  no idea how to find out
the real manufacturer or what their warranty policy might be.

I'm not sure how to adjust the timings, but this is a single pair of
1GB DDR-400 dual-channel RAM modules, so not exactly inexpensive to
replace.