Subject: firefox-triggered crashes on -current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/2007 11:51:37
Is anyone else seeing panics on recent -current (ca. Dec 29) when running
firefox?  I can trigger it in a matter of minutes.  Kernel from Dec 11 is
solid.  I suspect (without any real evidence) linux compat and/or threads
to be the cause.  Userland is from end of November, should that ring any
bells to anyone.

The crash dump is completely useless, stack backtrace just shows zeros and
garbage and the other tools seem to fail in various ways, e.g. "ps: can't
read proc credentials at 0xcbcb59f0: Undefined error: 0 ".  Is there any
working way of doing crash-debugging without getting into ddb these days?

The only bit I have is "savecore: reboot after panic: panic: trap",
which is a bit too generic for comfort unless someone has an idea of
where to start looking.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/