Subject: Re: the floppy size problem
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Juraj Hercek <nbsd@hck.sk>
List: current-users
Date: 12/26/2006 10:08:04
Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> Would it make sense to split the INSTALL kernel by time frame?  How
> many machines have both EISA and USB, for example?  (Aside: is there
> anything I can put into my /etc/mk.conf file to get rid of the floppy
> generation when doing 'build.sh release'?  Some of my machines don't
> even have floppy drives; I've never even used the drive on most of the
> ones that do, and may not even have any usable blank floppies in the
> house.  I'm not saying we should delete the technology from our build
> frameworks; I am saying that I have no use for it and it's the single
> biggest cause of "I can't build -current or 4.2betaN today" that I
> experience.)
>

> 		--Steve Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

After couple of failed builds I've disabled DDB option in INSTALL kernel
to get "build.sh release" working. I think it's the question of
consensus of what features shall/shall not be commented out from the
install kernel. I think this consensus should be made quite soon because
it's annoying to have failed builds because of the size of the install
kernel...

-- Juraj