Subject: Re: lockups with 4.99.6
To: Blair Sadewitz <blair.sadewitz@gmail.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/2006 13:12:55
Not sure if it's related, but on my amd64 -current system I've had a
couple of very strange hangs while (cross-)building an i386 release!

And this is using _only_ FFS file systems - no LFS here.

A build release for amd64 runs to completion in about 90 minutes (on
a dual-core system with -j3), but a subsequent i386 build hangs after
"a while" (somewhere around 1.5 to 2 hours).  The console doesn't
respond to anything, and in fact it has gone totally "black".  Yet,
I can telnet/ssh from another box, and stopping and restarting xdm
gets console working again as though nothing had happened.

It's really wierd!

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Network Engineer | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul@whooppee.com   |
|                  | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette@juniper.net |