Subject: Does dladdr() work?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sourath Roy <sourath@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/24/2006 01:23:48
------=_Part_105927_29346896.1164311628128

Hi,
Sorry if this be a 'bad' question to ask, but being new to NetBSD and seeing
dladdr() not working the way I expect it to work, this popped up in my mind.

I wanted to do something similar to readlink for /proc/self/exe on Linux by
using dladdr() on NetBSD with a function name in my executable. But dladdr()
seem to return 0, meaning it doesn't find it. Is there a problem with my
approach or there is something about dladdr() on NetBSD that I need to know,
like some other system settings which needs to be done prior to calling the
function?

Thoughts?

-- Sourath

------=_Part_105927_29346896.1164311628128

Hi,<br>
Sorry if this be a 'bad' question to ask, but being new to NetBSD and
seeing dladdr() not working the way I expect it to work, this popped up
in my mind. <br>
I wanted to do something similar to readlink for /proc/self/exe on
Linux by using dladdr() on NetBSD with a function name in my
executable. But dladdr() seem to return 0, meaning it doesn't find it.
Is there a problem with my approach or there is something about
dladdr() on NetBSD that I need to know, like some other system settings
which needs to be done prior to calling the function?<br>
Thoughts?<br>
-- Sourath<br>

------=_Part_105927_29346896.1164311628128--