Subject: Re: Ideas on un-breaking an LFS partition?
To: Scott Ellis <scotte@warped.com>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/2006 12:56:10
--Y7xTucakfITjPcLV

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 09:51:49AM -0800, Scott Ellis wrote:
> Anyone have any recommendations on what to do to get my LFS un-broken (se=
ek
> kern/35054)?  It doesn't have data that I care about on it, but with all =
the
> talk lately about LFS being more-stable (and potentially even usable as /=
),
> I figure there must be some way other than fsck_lfs to recover data.  For
> me, fsck_lfs doesn't seem to actually fix the filesystem.
>=20
> What other recourse would an admin have to repair the partition (short of
> re-newfs'ing it and restoring from a backup)?

Well, you could learn the LFS data structures yourself, and then go
to your nearest hex editor and start looking for brokenness and fix
it yourself. :P   That, or you could figure out what is wrong and
then add support for this type of problem to fsck_lfs.  I don't
think there is a easy or pretty way.

	Jonathan Kollasch

--Y7xTucakfITjPcLV

--Y7xTucakfITjPcLV--