Subject: Re: problem with stack protector changes
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@astron.com>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/09/2006 08:48:43
christos@astron.com (Christos Zoulas) writes:

> In article <slrnel5br6.d7o.mason@g.primenet.com.au>,
> Geoff Wing  <mason@primenet.com.au> wrote:
>>src/gnu/dist/gcc4/gcc/gcc.c has (with TARGET_LIBC_PROVIDES_SSP defined):
>>#define LINK_SSP_SPEC
>>"%{fstack-protector|fstack-protector-all:-lssp_nonshared -lssp}"
>>
>>so we need libssp_nonshared.* somewhere or the line changed if the
>>functionality is provided anyway.
>
> No, make sure you rebuild the compiler.

I am also having this problem.  I would appreciate it if you could be
more precise.  Do you mean rebuild the host (cross) compiler, or the
target system compiler?  I'm guessing target.

I think this should be in UPDATING, although really this is a more
subtle issue of "build.sh -u", rather than the system update.  It
seems there is a missing dependency of the target gcc on ssp files.