Subject: Re: gdb6 does not seems to undestand kcore targets
To: NetBSD current <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Nicolas Joly <njoly@pasteur.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 10/22/2006 17:26:01
On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 03:11:16PM +0200, Juergen Hannken-Illjes wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 02:31:14PM +0200, Nicolas Joly wrote:
> >
> > I just got a kernel panic on my -current NetBSD/i386 machine at
> > home ... I mode a crash dump to be analysed a little later, but i
> > discovered that gdb6 does not handle kcore target anymore.
[...]
> > Did the kernel core analysis method changed between gdb5 and gdb6 ?
>
> target kvm netbsd.0.core

Thanks, i can now load the kern dump ...

Unfortunately, this doesn't seems to work right.

root@cixy [/var/crash]# gdb ./netbsd.0
GNU gdb 6.5
This GDB was configured as "i386--netbsdelf"...(no debugging symbols found)

(gdb) target kvm netbsd.0.core
#0  0x00000001 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000001 in ?? ()
#1  0x130bc000 in ?? ()
#2  0x00000015 in ?? ()
#3  0x0000000d in ?? ()
#4  0x04e34000 in ?? ()
#5  0x17ef0000 in ?? ()
#6  0x130bc000 in ?? ()
#7  0x00000001 in ?? ()
#8  0x007d8e40 in ?? ()
#9  0x00000000 in ?? ()

In the mean time, i found an old gdb5 lying around ... and it works a
lot better.

root@cixy [/var/crash]# gdb5 netbsd.0
GNU gdb 5.3nb1
This GDB was configured as "i386--netbsdelf"...(no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) target kcore netbsd.0.core
#0  0x130bc000 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x130bc000 in ?? ()