Subject: Re: Default 'login.conf' in new installs?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/11/2006 15:33:12
In message <20061011202747.GB9078@cyclonus>, Christian Biere writes:
>> This leads to a question:  How should the limits be set?  Obviously, limits
>> are somewhat per-platform; a reasonable daemon limit for datasize might be
>> 256MB on x86_64 systems.  It might not be on sun3.

>As long as you don't set anything for the class "default" it should have no
>effect. Since there might be clashes during an update, you might want to
>pick some stupid class names like "paranoid-example", "low-memory-example".

Well, what I was thinking would be useful would be to add:

	daemon:path=/bin /usr/bin /sbin /usr/sbin:...

and put root into class daemon, so we could have a concrete illustration of
what's going on there.

Although we could just omit the datasize limits, I would sort of like to have
the 'default' class actually contain the correct limits, so that people see
the easy place to edit this (as opposed to, say, thinking they have to rebuild
the kernel to change the default datasize limit).

-s