Subject: APIC enabled no more USB
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Pierrick Brossin <pierrick@bs-network.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/2006 21:43:03
Hey,

I just bought a new computer. The mainboard is a P5B from ASUS.
Everything works well. I was very impressed. SATA is not recognized but
the BIOS let you fake it as IDE. Impressive!

The only problem I've encountered since now is SMP and USB. SMP works
well but as soon as I activate APIC support in the bios the USB ports
dont work anymore. Is there a chance NetBSD is guilty ?

At least my USB keyboard has some lights on when the kernel boots then
it goes dark (as usual) but then it doesnt wake up.

When APIC is disabled I get this:
uhidev1 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 1
uhidev1: Logitech Logitech USB Keyboard, rev 1.10/15.00, addr 2, iclass
3/0

When it is disabled uhidev1 never shows up in dmesg.

Any idea ?

Best Regards

-Pierrick Brossin