Subject: Re: can't mount a umass device.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Paul (NCC/CS). <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/2006 11:56:36
Thanks George,

George Georgalis wrote:

> >- lastly when it's downloaded what file could I check to
> >read and confirm the version please?
>
> every directory has a CVS/Tag file, also see
> CVS/Entries for the tag on each file.

just on this,
su# cat /usr/src/CVS/Tag
Nnetbsd-3-1-RC3
su#

doesn't inspire me with confidence.

I just made up this tag:  netbsd-3-1-RC3
to see if it would work.
It's downloading sources but with this exact tag that
I suggested to it, it seems it's just taken what I made up and
written it in there. Either,

- i fluked the correct tag.

- i still don't know how to find out what i'm downloading.

cheers,
Paul.

> cd /usr && cvs checkout -r netbsd-3 -AP src
>
> or if you got another tag already.
>
> cd /usr/src/ && cvs -q update -dP -r netbsd-3 .
>
> cvs doesn't need to download everything it will
> just patch existing files on the fly.
> which sounds like what you want.
>
> // George
>
> --
> George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator <IXOYE><

Paul
Australian Bureau Of Meteorology

"In a world without walls and fences,
who needs windows and gates ?"