Subject: Re: bin/3998: Trying to mount a filesystem you don't have is cryptic
To: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian Hattemer <c.hattemer@arcor.de>
List: current-users
Date: 09/28/2006 18:48:01
On 27.09.06, Elad Efrat wrote:

>> attatched is a diff showing where to change the returned errno in our
>> case.
>
>> We just need the proper errno to put there now.
>
> Your diff changes the semantics, which may be part of a standard.

It would be interesting to hear if this detail is actually covered be a
standard and a change would mean a deviation or if it's not.

If it really should be, then that is a much better reason for closing the PR
and would be acceptable for me.

> FWIW, I updated the man-page for mount(8).

Thanks. It would be nice if you could also update the list of possible
failures and their errnos.

Please also make sure that these changes get pulled up into netbsd-4.

Bye, Chris