Subject: Re: 3ware's tw_cli management tool for twa(4) now runs on NetBSD
To: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/25/2006 08:47:19
	The rewriting of bad blocks on IDE disks in the 3ware firmware must
have been an additional feature which wasn't present in the cards I used
because it definitely wasn't working when I was using such cards.  When
disks had bad blocks on them, the card would simply label them as failed
disks.  Worse, when trying to rebuild such arrays, the disks would stil
fail, even though it should have been writing over the bad blocks.
	If the feature is there, it should work in raid mode or in jbod mode,
I should think.  If not, you can work around it in jbod mode, I believe, by
writing to the logically inaccessible block and then using raidframe to
rebuild your array.
-Brian