Subject: 3ware's tw_cli management tool for twa(4) now runs on NetBSD
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/24/2006 10:38:11
Hi

I just committed various fixes to COMPAT_FREEBSD and twa(4) that make
3ware's command line tool (tw_cli) working with my 9550SX boards.

My goal was to obtain the ability of attaching a new disk without having
to reboot to 3ware BIOS setup. It's now fulfilled. I think I'll just
export the disks as "single" unit and use RAIDframe on it (comments
welcome on this practice: what are the benefits of using the hardware
RAID?)

If someone uses the full RAID capability of the board, I'm interested by
feedbacks on using the management tools. Test and report bugs quickly,
because I won't do kernel hacking once my machine will be in production,
which should happen soon.

Now it could be nice to add tw_cli to pkgsrc, but I'll let anyone beat
me at this.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz