Subject: Re: DIAGNOSTIC in -current
To: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/20/2006 14:18:36
On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 08:35:16PM +0200, Elad Efrat wrote:
> YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> > i object againt flipping it before release.
> > whichever on or off, it should be the same for release.
> I am not sure why you would object to taking out DIAGNOSTIC before the
> release process (read: the RC stage) starts, but I'd rather *not* have
> it in releases.

I'm against flipping it when we enter RC.  I'm not against flipping
it at the branch point.

This case is a bit of an exception as I noted before.  I think enough
people will disable it in custom kernels that it will get a reasonable
amount of testing during the regular development cycle in -current.
This is not true of many options, but I think it's true of this one.

You should ensure that we are not introducing any API changes when
switching to/from DIAGNOSTIC (as Chuck noted).

-allen

--
Allen Briggs  |  http://www.ninthwonder.com/~briggs/  |  briggs@ninthwonder.com