Subject: LFS fsck -- not clean?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sverre Froyen <sverre@viewmark.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/19/2006 09:27:58
Hi,

While I am on the topic of LFS, I have noticed that fsck on a cleanly shutdown
LFS file system usually shows some type of error or inconsistency.  Is this
to be expected or does it indicate some other problem.  If it is expected,
perhaps fsck could be modified to fix these silently or to indicate that they
are benign.  Here's an example (after a clean shutdown and boot into single
user mode):

# fsck -yf /home
** /dev/rwd0j
** File system is already clean
** Last Mounted on /home
** Phase 0 - Check Inode Free List
** Phase 1 - Check Blocks and Sizes
INCORRECT BLOCK COUNT I=55100 (55 SHOULD BE 1)
CORRECT? yes

** Phase 2 - Check Pathnames
** Phase 3 - Check Connectivity
** Phase 4 - Check Reference Counts
** Phase 5 - Check Segment Block Accounting
SEGMENT 7827 CLAIMS 412672 BYTES BUT HAS 405504 (HIGH BY 7168)

FIX? yes

** Phase 6 - Roll Forward
71839 files, 4874401 used, 4155786 free

WRITE CHANGES TO DISK? yes