Subject: Re: NetBSD crosscompilation build failed on linux host
To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Juraj Hercek <juraj.hercek@hck.sk>
List: current-users
Date: 09/15/2006 17:08:57
Alan Barrett wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Juraj Hercek wrote:
>
>> I was unable to crosscompile NetBSD distribution on linux host
>>
>   [...]
>
>> $ ./build.sh -m i386 -T ../tools -O ../obj -u -U tools
>>
>   [...]
>
>> nbgmake[1]: Entering directory `/home/nbsd/work/netbsd/obj/tools/gcc/build/libiberty'
>>
>   [...]
>
>> Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /bin/cc line 183.
>>

> Is /bin/cc a perl script?  What's it trying to do at or near line 183?
>
> --apb (Alan Barrett)

Good catch, /bin/cc was a link to colorgcc, perl script which makes
output from gcc colourful for easier navigation over errors, warnings,
etc. It tried to concatenate content of HOME environment variable with
.colorgccrc file. It seems that HOME variable wasn't set during
execution. I didn't go deeper into it - instead I just uninstalled
colorgcc and run build again. Now it works like a charm :-)

Thanks,
Juraj