Subject: Re: Read-only / filesystem in sysinst?
To: Chris Tribo <ctribo@dtcc.edu>
From: Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4@gmail.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/13/2006 00:58:54
On 9/13/06, David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 03:41:04PM -0400, Chris Tribo wrote:
> > Is anyone else getting read-only FS errors when sysinst tries to
> > bring up the network from the utility menu?
>
> That 'utilities' menu is very broken....

Not only that, unfortunately. There is something going on recently in
sysinst I can't figure. Assuming that I was doing something wrong, I
was waiting to hear from someone else similar problem.

I usually do a build.sh release, then burn the ISO and do an upgrade
to several (physical and virtual) machines running -current. The last
three builds - that's about ten days now - sysinst stopped at various
places doing upgrades - i.e. when selecting upgrade, then custom - it
did not mount the CD at all; if selecting upgrade, then full - it
restored only base, etc and comp.

The build from yesterday was even more broken - on a machine with sd0
as root and thre wd{0,1,2} disks it kept insisting on mounting
/dev/wd0a (which did not exist) instead of /dev/sd0a... Plain install
also did not work - again message about wd0a not mounted.

I always rm -r ${OBJDIR} ${DESTDIR} before the build.sh invocation (
also 'make cleandir' before 'cvs up -dPA'). I think I will load fresh
copy of the source tomorrow to see if something has happened to my
tree here.

>         David
>
> --
> David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk